A Serious Poem

Thursday 8 September 2016



I had the incredible good fortune of winning Heat 8 of Word War Three on Tuesday.  This means I now have a place in the final on December 6.  I was probably one of the most amazed people in the room when the results were announced because the calibre of poetry on the stage that evening was incredible.

The picture on the right is me collecting my prize from the incredible Kieran King.

I don't have words to say how amazing the whole evening was.  So, instead, I'll simply share a serious poem.


A Serious Poem

Today isn't just the first day of the rest of your life
It's another day closer to your inevitable death

When life gives you lemons
Suck them and cry 
because life is bitter.

Life is like riding a bicycle
You fall off and die.

What doesn't kill you
Only prolongs the inevitable

Life is like a box of chocolates:
Expensive, fattening and ultimately disappointing.

Life is a tragedy for those who feel
A comedy for those who think
And a living hell for those of us who work for a living.

After the game the king and the pawn go into the same box

Only the bishop is shaped like a butt-plug.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP