The She-Hulk

Thursday 11 August 2016

It's been a while since I've shared a poem on here. Since I'm going to be participating in September's Word War 3MT event (heat eight) at Affleck's in Manchester, I figured it was time to remember my poetry roots.  

This is a poem I haven't yet had a chance to try out on an audience.   I dedicate it to the woman I love. 

The She-Hulk
by Ashley Lister

"Don't make me angry," she said.
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry," she said.
"I'm like the Incredible Hulk."

"You're like the Hulk?" I repeated. "Because you're bursting out of your clothes?"

She said, "No."

"You're like the Hulk?" I tried again. "Because you're green in places."

She said, "No."

"You're like the Hulk?" I tried, "Because you're so much bigger than normal size."

She said nothing.

"You're like the Hulk?" I asked, "Because you're inarticulate? Monosyllabic?"

She didn't say anything.
She just hit me.
Really bloody hard.

Just like the Incredible Hulk would have done.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP